See our FALL SESSION curriculum by age listed below. Enrollment will open July 18. Enroll early for best availability. All Kindermusik classes begin Tuesday, August 27.
Join us for a FREE music class! Designed for a one-parent per child experience. Morning and late afternoon classes will be offered. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a “visit day” space. For enrollment, when advertised classes fill to capacity, additional classes will be added.
Kindermusik Village (Birth-17 months)
Timeframe: 8 weeks
Fee: $120, includes supply pack
FALL SESSION: Curriculum for the first 8-week session is Do-Si-Do. Session I begins August 27. Village Session II Feathers will begin October 22.
Day/Times Offered: Tuesdays 10:45 a.m. OR Tuesdays 5:30 p.m. (AND if/when those classes fill to capacity, potentially adding a Tuesday 9:15 a.m. or Wednesdays 10:00 a.m.).
Kindermusik Village fosters creativity, social development, and self esteem through exposure to music for infants from birth to 17 months. 45-minute classes for infant and caregiver or parent, offered in 8-week non-sequential semesters. Many of the class activities and materials can easily be adapted for the family to use at home.
SUMMER SESSION is 5 weeks. Cost for summer session is $75 (includes supply pack). Curriculum alternates each summer: Busy Days (Summer 2019), or Peek-a-boo, I Love You! (Summer 2020).
Kindermusik Our Time (18 months-3 years)
Timeframe: 15 weeks
Fee: $225, includes supply pack
FALL SESSION: Wiggles and Giggles Fall Session begins August 27. Day/Times Offered: Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. OR Tuesdays 4:45 p.m. OR (potentially adding Tuesdays 6:15 p.m.) If listed classes fill, potential to add a Wednesdays 10:45 a.m.
Kindermusik Our Time brings the joy of music and movement to the lives of children 18 months to 3 years and is offered in four 15-week non-sequential semesters. Six to eight children, each with an accompanying parent or caregiver, meet weekly with the teacher for a 45-minute class. These lessons also help parents and caregivers become familiar with ways to encourage and facilitate musical development and appreciation. Activities are age and developmentally appropriate, engaging, and fun!
SUMMER SESSION is 5 weeks. Summer Session cost is $75 (includes supply pack). Curriculum alternates each summer: Zoo Train (2019), or Beach Days! (2020).
Kindermusik ABC Music And Me (3.5 – 5.5 years)
Timeframe: 15 weeks
Fee: $235, includes supply pack
FALL SESSION: ABC, Music & Me; covering Percussion, Keyboards, Woodwinds Fall session begins August 27. Day/Times Offered: Tuesdays 4:00 p.m.
This research-based early childhood music program is designed to support the development of the whole child. Activities include singing and playing percussion instruments, dance and creative movement activities, focused listening, and introduction to musical notation. Concepts at the foundation of all Kindermusik classes such as steady beat playing, tempo, inhibitory control, and social cooperation are central to these classes. ABC classes are designed for the students to begin to work independently with the teacher (parents observe) for a portion of the 45-minute class. There may also be some parent/child guided activities incorporated into each class.
Over the course of two semesters, students learn about the musical families (Fall = woodwind, percussion, keyboards. Spring = brass, strings, voice) is the focus thru use of the ABC Music & Me curriculums and additional “musical field trips” within Moody Music Bldg. The children visit faculty or graduate students who introduce their instrument and demonstrate (play) for them. Parents are always encouraged to come along on these mini fieldtrips. Near the end of the first semester students are introduced to playing the flutophone, a wind instrument. First notes (B, A, G) and rhythms are learned during late fall and spring semester.
SUMMER SESSION is five weeks and is a slightly different format. Concepts at the foundation of Kindermusik (as stated above) are still the focus, along with added singing games, pretend play, storytelling, and some crafts. The five On the Road class days are centered around 1) A Road Trip, 2) A Day at a Cottage, 3) Fun at a Fair, 4) Day at the Beach, and 5) Let’s go Camping. Other Adventures curriculum include Tell Me A Tale, and Shoofly Pie! Cost is $75 (includes supply pack). Choose from: Mondays 4:45 p.m. OR Tuesday 4:00 p.m.
- All Kindermusik classes take place in room 141 of the Moody Music Building on the UA campus (off the main lobby). Bldg. physical address: 810 2nd Ave, 35487
- Class day/time options are listed on the CMS online enrollment form and the printable CMS enrollment form. Classes are enrolled on a first come first served basis. Once listed classes are enrolled to capacity (8), additional class sections may be opened for enrollment. There is no proration of session fees for Kindermusik.
- Kindermusik classes are non-sequential.They are designed for a one parent or caregiver per enrolled child experience. Attendance by more than one adult per child is subject to teacher approval. Due to room size and the need to keep an appropriate teacher-child ratio, attending a different class other than the in which you are enrolled is subject to teacher approval. We ask that children finish snacks before entering the classroom. Only water may be brought into the classroom.
- The tuition fee includes a supply pack for each child to keep.
- The fall semester classes begin the last full week of August unless otherwise noted. If interest exceeds the listed classes, an additional class may start the week after Labor Day. Spring session classes – start week TBA (see Calendar tab). Our 5-week Summer session starts the first full week of June.
- The Kindermusik teachers are Cynthia Simpson-Chambless, and Jane Weigel.
- A free one-time visit to experience a Kindermusik class may be scheduled as spots become available. Please call the CMS office at (205)-348-6741 to schedule a visit for you and your child to one of our classes.