- July 25 Deadline to submit CMS Scholarship Application for 2022-2023
- August 15-19 First Week of Private Lessons for Fall Semester
- August 19-21 Adult Strings Weekend
- August 22 Campus Orchestra Audition
- August 23 First Class – Music Enrichment Ages 18M-3Y
- August 24 First Class – Music Enrichment Ages Infant-3Y
- August 29 First Rehearsal of Campus Orchestra & First Class – Music Enrichment Ages 3.5-5.5Y
- September 5 UA closed – no classes, ensembles, or meetings may occur
- November 9 Last class for Music Enrichment Classes Age Infant – 17M
- November 21 Music Enrichment Classes for Age 3.5 – 5.5y WILL meet
- November 22 Spring Enrollment Opens Online
- November 23-27 UA/CMS closed for Thanksgiving Break
- November 28 Campus Orchestra concert (7:00 p.m.) Free – Concert Hall
- December 6 Last class for Music Enrichment Classes Age 18M – 3y
- December 8 Last Adult String Orchestra rehearsal
- December 12 Last class for Music Enrichment Classes Age 3.5-5y
Unscheduled Closures & Emergency Readiness
If UA is closed, then Community Music School is also closed. Classes, lessons, and ensembles can’t meet when the building is legally closed. If you are unsure about a possible weather related closure, please check area TV announcements or check the University’s website, ready.ua.edu to see if we are closed. If you do not see a closure notice on the main page, then CMS activities will continue as scheduled.
Here’s how we make up weather closure dates:
- Early Music Enrichment classes will be made up by extending the session dates.
- Large ensembles such as Campus Orchestra and Adult String Orchestra do not make-up weather closures. Chamber Trios and Quartets will discuss a make up option at the next rehearsal.
- For private lessons, individual teachers will provide their plan of extending the session or elongating scheduled lessons to make up the UA closure.
The University of Alabama has a comprehensive emergency operations plan in place to deal with incidents that may occur on campus. The plan incorporates the U.S. Homeland Security’s National Incident Management System (NIMS) protocols and delegates the University Police as the initial responder. University Police: 205-348-5454