- July 15 – Scholarship application deadline for 2021-2022
- Fall Semester enrollment opens online July 15
- August 16 – First week of private lessons for Fall, 2021
- August 20-22: Adult Strings Weekend
- August 23 – Audition (acceptance and seating placement) for Tuscaloosa Youth Orchestra (begins 5:00 p.m.)
- August 23 – Kindermusik 8-week session begins
- August 26 – Adult String Orchestra first rehearsal for Fall
- August 27 – Last day to enroll for Youth Orchestra
- September 6 – UA/CMS closed for Labor Day Holiday – no lessons, classes, ensembles
- October 12 – Last class for Kindermusik
- November 22 – Make up date for Labor Day closure
- November 24-26 – UA/CMS closed for Thanksgiving Holiday Break – no lessons, classes, ensembles
- November 29 – December 3 – Last week of private lessons session
- November 29 – Tuscaloosa Youth Orchestra Concert (7:00 p.m., Room 1000)
- Spring, 2022: Enrollment opens November 29 and remains open over Winter Break
Unscheduled Closures & Emergency Readiness
If UA is closed, then Community Music School is also closed. Classes, lessons, and ensembles can’t meet when the building is legally closed. If you are unsure about a possible weather related closure, please check area TV announcements or check the University’s website, ready.ua.edu to see if we are closed. If you do not see a closure notice on the main page, then CMS activities will continue as scheduled.
Here’s how we make up weather closure dates:
- Kindermusik classes will be made up by extending the session dates.
- Large ensembles such as Youth Orchestra and Adult Advanced Strings do not make-up weather closures. Chamber Trios and Quartets will discuss a make up option at the next rehearsal.
- For private lessons, individual teachers will provide their plan of extending the session or elongating scheduled lessons to make up the UA closure.
The University of Alabama has a comprehensive emergency operations plan in place to deal with incidents that may occur on campus. The plan incorporates the U.S. Homeland Security’s National Incident Management System (NIMS) protocols and delegates the University Police as the initial responder. University Police: 205-348-5454